CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

8.29.2008

I take pictures of Madeline every morning before we leave for school....and by every morning I mean just the last four days. She really likes to sit there, it's funny....she's funny. She could be totally upset but when we take her outside and set her there, she just smiles and squeals at the cats.


It is our first Friday off from school. Not a bad first week for me considering. The fun teachers are gone. There still are fun kids but I can't exactly hang out and drink beers with them on Fridays. Well I could but I probably would lose my job pretty quickly if that got around! I at least still have Frank and Errin there but other than them, it's pretty dull. Everyone is new and it just feels so different. I pretty much stick to my room and hang out with Madeline and the daycare ladies and that's about it. I know, I need to get over it but whatever. I'm more focused this year, I can honestly say that. I have big ideas but I really don't like the first couple of weeks. It's just too much figuring things out and figuring the kids out and figuring routines out. I just long to be in the groove and working with them! Not spewing this boring crap about how to properly measure flour. Come next Friday when we do our first lunch, things will be moving right along.
I know it doesn't sound like it but I really am excited for this year. Last year I saw what we are capable of and it just makes me excited for this year. We are planning another trip to NYC. Two of the kids went last year but I have 12 people total in my class and they all want to go. It could be a much bi
gger group this year. I will probably still take 4 chaperones, especially with the bigger group. Hank? :) Well, I better get off and get to work. I have a wedding cake to do for Sunday. It is going to be an interesting but fun one. I will post pictures of it later.

I have found a new fabulous band called Rogue Wave. Okay, maybe they aren't new but I have just heard of them. And Spoon too. They are both great.

0 comments: